Winter Season (November 1st–April 15th)
Winter Season reservations will open on September 1st, 2013. Many weekend dates sell out within minutes of opening so reserve your Winter Adventure soon.
The Aspen and Coyote Yurts are 20’ Yurts that can accommodate up to 8 people. The Large Yurts are located in a beautiful meadow along the cross country ski trails of the Flagstaff Nordic Center. It is often visited by wildlife and home to some gorgeous sunsets. The Yurts are reserved individually below, or contact us if you are interested in reserving both Yurts at the same time. There are plenty of hiking opportunities due to the Yurts’ location at the intersection of 30 to 35 miles of ski and snowshoe trails. Most of these trails can be used for biking as well as hiking. Birding is a favorite activity in northern Arizona. For bird lists and more information, be sure to visit the Northern Arizona Audubon Society website. Enjoy “camping” in our Aspen or Coyote Yurt and wake up to a nature oasis.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Flagstaff Nordic Center written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Please note that water is NO LONGER provided.
- One double futon bed and one twin bunk bed
- Bedding not included
- Lighting is in place, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring a lantern as a backup.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each Yurt. All Forest Service fire restrictions apply. For current fire restrictions please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/.
- Propane barbecue grill is available next to each Yurt.
- While ski area is open, skiers may use benches and restroom located near Aspen Yurt
- Restroom is located 30 feet in between Aspen and Coyote Yurts.
- Running water not available.
- There are NO outdoor campfires permitted during the Winter Season
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- The yurt is located in a U.S. Forest Service designated No Motorized Vehicles area. It is about one mile from the parking area at the Lodge to the Yurt Meadow. You will need to hike (or bike, ski, or snowshoe) the trail to get to the yurt. In the summer, you will need to carry your supplies with you. (Firewood and will already be in place at the yurt.)
- For a map showing the locations of the yurts and cabins, click to download here. (PDF, 702 kb - Free Adobe Reader required.)
Winter Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $75 per night for up to 2 people
- Weekends starting at $90 per night for up to 2 people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person
- $10 per night, per dog
- Check-in time anytime after 9:00 A.M. for skiing and other activities. Yurt ready by 1:00 P.M.
- Self Check-in is in place. You will receive a combination to your unit keybox in your confirmation email.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Every camping visitor is REQUIRED to read and accept the Winter Camping Information document. (PDF, 18 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
To reserve the Aspen or Coyote Yurt, please check availability below. Use the drop down menu to choose each yurt’s availability and to rent. We now also offer convenient online booking.
The form below is actually an embedded secure payment page. If you would prefer this page open up in a separate window to see the secure https URL, click here.