Summer Season (May 1st–October 14th)
The Aspen and Coyote Yurts are 20’ Yurts that can accommodate up to 8 people. The Large Yurts are located in a beautiful meadow along the cross country ski trails of the Flagstaff Nordic Center. It is often visited by wildlife and home to some gorgeous sunsets. The Yurts are reserved individually below, or contact us if you are interested in reserving both Yurts at the same time. There are plenty of hiking opportunities due to the Yurts’ location at the intersection of 30 to 35 miles of ski and snowshoe trails. Most of these trails can be used for biking as well as hiking. Birding is a favorite activity in northern Arizona. For bird lists and more information, be sure to visit the Northern Arizona Audubon Society website. Enjoy “camping” in our Aspen or Coyote Yurt and wake up to a nature oasis.
Amenities & Notes
- Summer campground map (PDF 238 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- One double futon bed and one twin bunk bed
- Bedding not included
- Lighting is in place, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring a lantern as a backup.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each Yurt. All Forest Service fire restrictions apply. For current fire restrictions please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/.
- Propane barbecue grill is available next to each Yurt.
- While ski area is open, skiers may use benches and restroom located near Aspen Yurt
- Restroom is located 30 feet in between Aspen and Coyote Yurts.
- There is NO WATER SUPPLY at the Large Yurts. All water must be packed in.
- You supply: sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- A Gear Wagon is provided for your use in hauling your gear to your Yurt.
- Firewood for the wood burning stove and camp fires is available to purchase for $8 per crate.
- The yurt is located in a U.S. Forest Service designated No Motorized Vehicles area. It is about one mile from the parking area at the Lodge to the Yurt Meadow. You will need to hike (or bike, ski, or snowshoe) the trail to get to the yurt. In the summer, you will need to carry your supplies with you. A Gear Wagon is provided.
Summer Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $65/night for up to two people
- Weekends starting at $75/night for up to two people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $5 extra per night, per each additional person
- $5 extra per night, per dog
- Check-in time is after 1:00 P.M.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
Read before making reservation
- Please read all “Amenities and Notes” and our Policies page before proceeding.
- You must provide a valid email to receive a reservation confirmation.
- Please print your email confirmation with your access code. Cell service cannot be relied upon.
- Lodge staff may not be on site upon your arrival. Please be prepared for self check in.
- Large Yurts are a one mile hike from the parking lot. A gear wagon is provided.
The form below is actually an embedded secure payment page. If you would prefer this page open up in a separate window to see the secure https URL, click here.